Wednesday 19 November 2014

INFLUENTIAL ICON: ALEXA CHUNG

Fashion is an art form that dominates my life (this is probably obvious through the content of my blog). One of my major influences within the fashion industry is Alexa Chung. She began as a model but went on to become a fashion journalist. Fashion journalism is a media that I would love to pursue. Alexa Chung’s broad success within this industry is such a large inspiration to me. She has interviewed many faces within the fashion world and she has also contributed to the renowned British Vogue. Vogue is one of the main fashion publications in the world so working for British Vogue is such a dream of mine. As well as her success in journalism, she is also a prominent style icon. Her style is faultless. Some may argue that a simple style is boring, but she puts her clothes together in a way that makes basic look chic! Her fashion definitely has a classic British essence about it; from skinny jeans and duster coats, to smart dolly dresses and heels. 


In this look, Chung's ivory dress makes her looks feminine and somewhat angelic. However, matched with these black pointed heels, dominance and seductiveness is asserted. The masculine structure of her long grey coat reinforces her dominance. Who wouldn’t admire a powerful lady? This effortless monochrome outfit is finished off with a red lip and complimented by her warm brown hair. As I said, faultless.


Oh, and did I mention, she has also written a book. What can't she do? As I am a keen writer, the fact that Alexa Chung has written a book just adds to the list of reasons why she is such a big influence to me. Her book gives insight into her childhood, relationships and fashion influences. I definitely recommend it. The cover is attractive too!

7 comments:

  1. Pretty cool!
    Designer shoes - Try to visit www.robecart.com they have nice jeans, handbags, dresses and accessories too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Alexa Chung. I cant wait to read her book.

    Eea P
    www.eeapetrescu.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is gorgeous! I adore her sense of style!
    Nice blog, dear! ^-^

    http://www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! what a great post!
    I really like her too!
    so beautiful!:D

    Konstantina
    tales-of-a-fashion-sketchbook.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete